ERP Finance Consultant
Start date: We will fit with your desired start date.
Responsible for providing clients with a full range of information technology consulting and technical support, including identifying business solutions, developing customized programming, and providing troubleshooting support. Prepare price offers and specifications, as well as user documentation. Support internal tests and conduct posterior troubleshooting and error correction. Conciliate the hardware and software demands to support systems installations, and prepare the necessary documentation. Train the client’s employees on systems operations, including document management, and backup and restore functions. Provide ongoing technical support for systems implementation, version changes, troubleshooting, database updates, disaster recovery, and systems restores, as necessary.
The successful ERP Logistics Consultant will combine a mixture of strong logistics background, solid business logic with an understanding in various industries and trade, good understanding of software and IT basics, and proven project management skills.
-Min. 4 year college degree in Technology, Computer Science, Physics, or equivalent experience in the field
-At least two (2) years of prior experience as a project manager or project member of ERP implementations
The position of an ERP Logistics Consultant encompasses a vast amount of responsibilities. The tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying and gathering customer requirements, and translating those requirements into technical specifications to implement IT solutions
- Training clients on systems installation
- Controlling and reporting
- KPI concepts
- ERP software
- Relational database basics
- Project Management
- Proactive, positive and clear communication skills
- Sense of urgency
- Strong team orientation, lone fighters need not apply
- Willingness to travel 50-75%, mostly domestic US
- German a plus, but not required
The ERP Logistics Consultant is key to creating and maintaining a trustful relationship with our customer base. This person will reach out proactively to partners within the customer organizations, seeking ways and responding to requests for continuous improvement, assisting with questions, driving open items to satisfactory resolution.
The objective is to make it easy for our customers to get the help they seek, not only in day to day needs but also discovering and presenting potentials for improvement, stabilization, cost and risk reduction and overall operational excellence.
- Deliver logisitc branches of complex ERP implementation projects up to, and including, full project leadership in case of logistics-only projects;
- Responsible for the implementation as well as project management and support after “Go Live”;
- Identify, document, and reach project goals, manage project budget and schedule, define and manage the implementation plan, execute full ownership of the assigned scope;
- Identify optimized business logic, develop and achieve customer buy-in for targeted solution;
- Customize workflow, define operational procedures and prepare specifications for required custom modifications within the software;
- Manage customer accounts by maintaining contact with upper-level management regarding updates, new functionalities and new technology as well as overall customer satisfaction;
- Coordinate and communicate with proALPHA Germany regarding advancement and continuous improvement of proALPHA software;
- Contribute in feedback and testing to improve the localization of the US country version of proALPHA
- Coordinate with the programming team in developing, implementing and testing modified software
- On-site customer service and support
- Provide training on the installation, administration and use of proALPHA and PROGRESS modules as well as third party software
- Conduct pre-sales and marketing support, including performing software demonstrations and evaluation workshops
- Contribute in developing and maintaining training material
Please send resumes to Adriana Komst (Adriana.komst(at)proalpha.com).